Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow!a teenager's in line to claim Asian Tour's money title

Go down

Wow!a teenager's in line to claim Asian Tour's money title Empty Wow!a teenager's in line to claim Asian Tour's money title

Post  jasonlove Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:37 am

Noh Seung-yul of South Korea. He golfs. He's 18 years old. Oh, and he's in line to win the Asian Tour's Order of Merit honoring its top money-winner. Man, the world just keeps marching on, doesn't it?
Anyway, Noh finished T4 in last weekend's Ballantine's Championship behind winner Marcus Fraser. But the $138,000 check he collected put him at the top of the Asian Tour's earnings standings ahead of Andrew Dodt.
He aired his thoughts in a statement, which stinks because statements are dull as hell and 18-year-old kids usually aren't. But anyway, here it is: "I know if I win the order of merit, I’ll be the youngest player to do so but at the moment, I don’t want to think too far ahead as there are still many more events this year and things might change. I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself."
Noh learned how to play golf (Honma Beres MG803 Iron Set)on the beach, where I sincerely hope there was a marine biologist nearby. His first big win came last month at the Malaysian Open, in which he became the youngest professional winner on the European Tour.
Most of the West will get its first look at Noh in the British Open, as he's qualified for that as well. It's far too early to predict a PGA Tour berth, but anybody that makes Rory McIlroy look like an old man is worth keeping an eye on. (Honma Beres MG702 Iron Set)

jasonlove

Back to top Go down