Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerr romps to 12-stroke win at LPGA Championship

Go down

Kerr romps to 12-stroke win at LPGA Championship Empty Kerr romps to 12-stroke win at LPGA Championship

Post  jasonlove Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Cristie Kerr spent all week discussing her dream to become the first American to be ranked No. 1 in the world.
She can stop dreaming. Nike SasQuatch Sumo2 5900 Driver
After producing one of the most dominating performances to win the LPGA Championship—or any other major for that matter—Kerr is projected by the LPGA to secure the top spot once the rankings are released Monday.
“It feels awesome. There are no other words,” Kerr said Sunday after claiming her second major title by blowing away the field by a whopping 12 strokes at Locust Hill Country Club. “I’ve always wanted to be the No. 1 player in the world. … I’m there now, but I have to prove that I deserve to be there. So there is still a lot of work ahead.”
But, Kerr added with a beaming smile, “It feels awfully good right now.”
Kerr, the 2007 U.S. Women’s Open champion, closed with a 6-under 66 for a 19-under 269 total to win the tournament leading wire-to-wire. Nike SasQuatch sumo2 5000 Driver
Kerr broke the tournament record for victory margin of 11 set by Betsy King in 1992 and matched the second-biggest victory in a major. Louise Suggs set the record of 14 in the 1949 U.S. Women’s Open and Babe Zaharias won the 1954 U.S. Open by 12 strokes.
“It’s a dream performance,” Kerr said drenched in champagne and rendered nearly speechless after carding 23 birdies and only four bogeys. “I can’t even speak right now. Winning by two or three is great, but winning by 12 shots is ridiculous. It’s obscene.”
By winning the $337,500 purse at the $2.25 million tournament, Kerr is poised to overtake Japan’s Ai Miyazato, who needed to finish second to guarantee she would remain at No. 1. TaylorMade R9 Irons

jasonlove

Back to top Go down