Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gainey wins Nationwide Tour stop

Go down

Gainey wins Nationwide Tour stop Empty Gainey wins Nationwide Tour stop

Post  jasonlove Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 pm

CINCINNATI (AP)—Tommy Gainey shot a 3-under 69 on Sunday to become the Nationwide Tour’s first two-time winner this season, holding on for a three-stroke victory in the Chiquita Classic.Golf Clubs

Gainey, who matched the course record at TPC River Bend with a 62 in the third round, earned $99,000 and moved to No. 1 on the Nationwide Tour money list with $306,307. Honma Golf Clubs The top 25 on the money list at the end of the year get PGA Tour cards for 2011.

“I hit it awful the whole day,” Gainey said. “I could have let it get away from me. I’m proud of the way I hung in there. I hung in there and got the job done.”Honma BERES MG813 Fairway Wood

Joe Affrunti shot a 65 in the final round and finished second at 24 under for the tournament.Honma BERES MG813 Driver Geoffrey Sisk and Colt Knost tied for third at 22 under.

Gainey’s final score equaled the second-lowest, sub-par finish in tour history. His 54-hole score of 24 under matched the tour record.

The 34-year-old South Carolina native also won last month’s Melwood Prince George’s County Open for his first career victory.Maruman Majesty Prestigio Gold Premium LADIES' Fairway Wood

“When you win one you want to prove to everybody that it wasn’t a fluke,” Gainey said. “It’s been a long week and definitely a long day.”

jasonlove

Back to top Go down