Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still in shock, Oosthuizen contemplates future

Go down

Still in shock, Oosthuizen contemplates future Empty Still in shock, Oosthuizen contemplates future

Post  jasonlove Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:47 pm

ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP)—Louis Oosthuizen never let the silver claret jug out of his sight as he celebrated into the morning hours at the Jigger Inn across from the 17th fairway at St. Andrews.Callaway Lady X-22 Irons

If his seven-shot victory in the British Open felt like a dream, reality arrived when he awoke Monday.Golf Clubs

“I put it next to my bed last night, and I woke up this morning and I looked at it, Maruman Majesty Prestigio Gold Premium Irons and I immediately grabbed the phone and text Chubby Chandler, my agent, saying, ‘I’ve got this funny old jug next to my bed.’

“Man, oh, man,” he said. “That was special waking up next to it.”Maruman Majesty Prestigio Gold Premium LADIES' Irons
Equally special was his victory at the home of golf, a performance so pure that he never trailed over the final 48 holes and hit into only one bunker on the Old Course, on the 14th hole Sunday when the championship had already been decided.Maruman Majesty Prestigio Gold Premium LADIES' Driver

Oosthuizen became the fifth player in the last six Grand Slam events to win his first major, and the question sure to follow is whether he is capable of winning more or if he happened to play his best golf during an important week.Maruman Majesty Prestigio Gold Premium LADIES' Fairway Wood

jasonlove

Back to top Go down