Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Langham must be Fury-kious

Go down

Langham must be Fury-kious Empty Langham must be Fury-kious

Post  jasonlove Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:54 am

You could have put your mortgage on Franklin Langham winning his first ever tour event at the Doral Ryder Open, especially after three birdies in the first three holes of the final round, Golf equipment extending his lead to six shots over the US Ryder Cup player Jim Furyk.

But in a sensational Sunday in Miami, callaway ft-i 25th anniversary driver Jim Furyk would win the title with golf of the highest calibre and a putting stroke hotter than hell. With six birdies for a 30 on the back nine Callaway FT-i Squareway Wood, Furyk closed with a 7-under 65 on another benign day at the Blue Monster, tying the tournament record set by Greg Norman in 1993.

"I told 'Fluff' on the 10th tee that I needed to shoot 30 on the back nine. I didn't think it would be enough callaway ft i-brid irons, but I just kept plugging away." Said an elated Furyk.

Langham looked like the one who would shatter Norman's 72-hole record after birdieing the first three holes. Instead Callaway Irons, he squandered his lead. In complete contrast to the way he was playing, inexperience told as he managed just two pars and no birdies over the final six holes and closed with a 2-under par 70.

He had a chance to force a playoff Callaway FT Irons, but rammed his 10-foot birdie putt on the 18th well past the hole and two-putted for par. But Furyk added more misery to the former Walker Cup player's day by sinking a 5-foot birdie putt for a two-stroke victory and all the spoils.

jasonlove

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum