Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coceres grinds his way in

Go down

Coceres grinds his way in Empty Coceres grinds his way in

Post  jasonlove Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:58 am

Jose Coceres added the Dubai Desert Classic title to the Heineken Open Catalonia he won in 1994. The 36-year-old Argentine finished two shots ahead of Irishman Paul McGinley and Sweden's Patrik Sjoland at Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Honma 904 Irons.

After grinding out fifteen pars' and a birdie, Coceres could afford to take a double bogey at the last hole and still walk away with the 141,610 winners cheque. Coceres Golf equipment, who held a five shot lead after 54 holes, shot a closing round of 73, one over par, for a winning 14 under par. McGinley and Sjoland both fired 67s to overhaul several players and claim a share of second place.

Coceres said: It was very, very good for me to win because with a five shot lead it would not have been good to finish second. Right from the first hole I knew that second was not good. golf clubs now I am very, very happy and this win is for all the people who were supporting me, Honma 713 driver my children and my direct family".

After cutting his drive into the water at the last Honma Beres BP-1010 Putter, Coceres still felt the title was in his safe hands. He added: When I knew it was in the water it still wasnt very worrying because I knew I had a four shot lead.

Sjoland finished the strongest of all over the weekend with rounds of 66 and 67 for a 12 under par total of 276 Honma golf clubs.

jasonlove

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum