Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to become a Professional Poker Player?

Go down

How to become a Professional Poker Player? Empty How to become a Professional Poker Player?

Post  chickengold92 Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Read an article related to this topic and decided to post here. Enjoy reading folks. Very Happy

First of all, become an amateur player. The best way is to start of by playing online, win some tournaments (or cash games if that's your thing). During your time off work, invest some hours playing LIVE poker with some friends, and see how it goes.

There will come a time when you are able to make more money playing cards, than you do in your job. You can then start putting together a bankroll.

The books I've read suggest that before you turn pro you need to have enough money set aside to cover a years worth of living expenses, and you'll also need a bank roll that can survive a few down swings.

But I think the important thing is to establish yourself as a good part time player, while you still have a full time income coming in. I think that unless you are an amazing talent, it is a mistake to just wake up one day and decide to be a professional player.
Fitness Equipment hire Midlands
Timberland Boots

chickengold92

Back to top Go down