Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose catches, passes Fowler to win Memorial

Go down

Rose catches, passes Fowler to win Memorial Empty Rose catches, passes Fowler to win Memorial

Post  jasonlove Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:34 am

DUBLIN, Ohio (AP)—Justin Rose was looking at a birdie putt on the 16th green while holding a two-stroke lead in the final round of the Memorial Tournament. Then a thunderous roar came from the nearby 15th hole.
Ahh, Rose thought, Rickie Fowler made an eagle and we’re all tied.
Except he had the wrong Ricky. Mizuno MX-25 Irons
Spurred by that little scare, Rose rolled in his 13-foot birdie putt for some added breathing room, shooting a closing 6-under 66 to win the Memorial by three strokes.
“That sounded like an eagle roar to me,” Rose said. “So I thought, OK, here we go. This is all dead even. So I knew the putt at 16 was key.”
Rose, who finished at 18-under 270 to collect the $1,080,000 first prize, isn’t known to be demonstrative. But he was so pumped up by the birdie putt that he pumped his fist in celebration. Mizuno MX-300 Iron Set
“I just felt like it swung the momentum back my way,” he said.
Actually, it was Ricky Barnes who holed an 87-yard wedge shot for the eagle at 15, not his rookie playing (Maruman Majesty Prestigio Gold Premium Driver)partner, Fowler. Fowler had led the Memorial by himself after the second and third rounds and began the day with a three-stroke cushion on Barnes and Tim Petrovic, with Rose four shots back.

---------------------------
golf clubs

jasonlove

Back to top Go down