Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose builds another big lead

Go down

Rose builds another big lead Empty Rose builds another big lead

Post  jasonlove Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 am

NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. (AP)—Justin Rose asked himself some honest questions last week after he blew a three-shot lead in the final round, and hopes to find the right answers in the AT&T National.Golf Putter

With some big par saves in the middle of his round and one last birdie toward the end, Rose shot a 3-under 67 on Saturday to build a four-shot lead over Carl Pettersson (65) and Charlie Wi (70) going into the final round at Aronimink Golf Club.Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 Putter

That’s one shot more than the lead he blew last week in the Travelers Championship, a bad day that Rose is determined not to turn into a bad memory.

“If you’re sitting at the top of the leaderboard, it seems like it’s yours to lose,” Rose said. “That’s why a golf tournament is 72 holes. The lead really doesn’t mean much until you close it out. Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 PutterI just know that tomorrow I have a great opportunity again, but I’m more excited about the opportunity of putting into play the lessons I’ve learned in Hartford than actually going out and winning the golf tournament.”

Tiger Woods only gets into contention in the majors these days. In his final tournament before the British Open, he again is out of the mix on Sunday. Woods recovered from an atrocious start with an even-par 70, putting him 13 shots behind.

This will be his seventh tournament without a victory on the PGA Tour, his longest drought since he went 16 straight tournaments in 2004 when he was going through a swing change. The only good news for the tournament is that the massive crowd that followed him around in the morning did not leave Aronimink.Golf clubs

jasonlove

Back to top Go down