Edestron Owns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micheel takes lead with early birdie at US Open

Go down

Micheel takes lead with early birdie at US Open Empty Micheel takes lead with early birdie at US Open

Post  jasonlove Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 am

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (AP)—Playing with his cancer-stricken mother on his mind, Shaun Micheel made an early birdie Friday to take the lead in the second round of the U.S. Open.
Starting on the back nine on a foggy morning at Pebble Beach, Micheel made birdie on No. 11 to move to 3-under par, one stroke ahead of his first-day co-leaders, Paul Casey and Brendon de Jonge, who were also on the course Friday morning. Maruman Majesty Prestigio FV-R Iron Set
Micheel’s mother has cancer and is in a hospice, not given much longer to live. Last week, playing in front of home fans in Tennessee, Micheel finished fourth at the St. Jude’s Classic. For at least a while this week, the 2003 PGA winner is leader at the U.S. Open—not that he’ll ever have to be reminded again that golf(Maruman Majesty Prestigio FV-R Fairway Wood)is only a game.
“It’s nice, because I’m playing for someone else,” Micheel said after Thursday’s 2-under 69. “It was always about me, me, me. What’s my money list, where am I on the FedEx Cup? It doesn’t matter anymore. I love my mom. What do you say? She’s hanging in there.” Maruman Majesty Prestigio FV-R Driver

---------------------------
golf clubs

jasonlove

Back to top Go down